Jack Dawson… Penniless artist who wins a ticket onto Titanic in 1912, attends a first class dinner, develops a taste for the finer things in life, pockets the Heart of the Ocean, survives the sinking, pawns the diamond, spends the following ten years building his wealth and in 1922 moves to West Egg as Jay Gatsby… Millionaire with a shady past and fear of swimming pools.
The Doctor cares.
This has given me an inexplicable need for a companion to carry the Doctor like this.
I don’t know bout y’all, but the Yahoo staff are fucking HILARIOUS
We are not fucking HILARIOUS
HILARIOUS COME HERE AND TELL THEM THAT WE ARE NOT FUCKING
theyahoostaff and i are just friends gOD
Ten books or series → Bloodlines by Richelle MeadYou make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. I said it on Halloween and meant every word: you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth. And you don’t even know it. You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine. And I know, Sage. I know how you guys feel about us. I’m not stupid, and believe me, I’ve tried to get you out of my head. But there isn’t enough liquor or art or any other distraction in the world to do it.
“Remember when we told you that the delicious George Blagden had been tapped to narrate the latest audiobook in “The Bane Chronicles,” the exciting companion series to “The Infernal Devices” that explores the life and times of one Magnus Bane? Well! Now you can hear all about that same thing from the actor’s own (sensuous, full, ridiculously kissable) lips: just click to enjoy an EXCLUSIVE interview with George in which he talks about his first ever audiobook experience as the voice of “The Runaway Queen,” what it was like to go back to France—and back in time—after his work on “Les Miserables,” and what he likes best about Magnus Bane. It’s just his voice, but daaaamn, what a voice. Prepare to go weak in the knees at the way he says “narrator.” Also, “swashbuckling.” Also, all the other words in the English language.”
Yeah, they’re not wrong. :) George has a great voice. I love the way he says “amazing balloon rides.” And did I mention was stuck in a service elevator with me and Sarah? :)
A short excerpt of George Blagden narrating The Runaway Queen
Queen Vasilisa Sabina Rhea Dragomir, first of her name.
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
Richelle Mead shared this photo/quote with us on her Facebook page.
How the heck am I supposed to make it to November with stuff like this teasing me the whole way? I am obsessed!
The Fiery Heart teasers
It’s funny how they all have signature necklaces. I had to get this one out of my system. I thought it would have been done before, but I couldn’t find one, so….
I hate drawing anything that has to be symmetrical… Arrgh.
Also, there was a lot of clockwork angel necklaces and all of them are different, so I mashed them up a bit.Follow me and I’ll follow back!
The Lizzie Bennet DiariesFavorite caps of Q&A 01-10